View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Banned

That poses a good question. One that could start a whole new thread!

As much as I believe the sd impact velocity penetration...and I know dead is dead. I still seem to have a preference for a minimum amount of bullet weight. I’m sure if I saw more kills with some 6mm 103-108 gr I’d have the equation verified but I have a desire for 120 grains as minimum. Old institutions perhaps. There needs to be a certain amount of material to disperse in the bullet types like(rapid expansion at lower velocities)...perhaps?

I thought a 243 with fast twist and 105’s would be an awesome 1000 yrd sheeper but I don’t reload so. And in that time I’ve shortened my range expectations and goals to more realistically reflect my typical field accuracy of moa give or take 1/4 moa either way. If the 6mm creedmoor were available then I’d have been all over it. I’d sooner shoot a Grendel to 600 instead, I like the 123 gr over the 108 inside that range even though less speed. Even if they do 6mm Grendel which would be brilliant btw...I’d still go 6.5 for hunting...more steel and paper the 6mm would get the nod.

The waters will get muddy now.