View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerFinger View Post

Thanks for the 'Heads-Up' John. I dropped by Russell's today and looked at their 'Take-Down' version of the BLR ( http://www.browning.com/products/cat...34&type_id=012 ). You're right ... the 'Take-Down' version offers a LOT more access to the internal workings and also allows for barrel cleaning from the proper end.

One concern though ... is the 'Take-Down' version as accurate? Most 'Take-Down' rifles change the bullet point of impact, each time they are disassembled and then reassembled. Any comments on that concern???

Cheers,

Dean
Dean, as to accuracy of the BLR takedown - I can't say as I got mine a few weeks ago and haven't gone to the range yet with it. I don't plan on disassembling and re-assembling it too often. As for accuracy following this, I searched a number of forums looking for such information, but could not find any - likely because the BLR take down version is too new. Perhaps after the season when I get a chance to go to the range, I'll do some experimenting on getting it sighted in, shoot a box or so of cartridges, take it apart and re-assemble it and shoot another box to see if there was a significant difference and at what yardage this happened at. Worst comes to worst, I do have a Savage Model 99F in 308 Win solid frame for back up.