View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrown View Post
I would assume that it would be needed for everyone, if not it would defeat the whole point of making people buy a wildlife certificate.

I'm sure a good portion of the people in the draw system that don't buy tags is because of group applications. Honestly, the whole group applications seems like a big loop hole anyways. It's great because I can 999 all of my draws and add three more people all for the price of one application. Why wouldn't you add family/friends to your applications? They can all build priority for free. Even if they don't ever plan on using it, once they have enough priority they can draw a tag and partner with a youth or senior. When it comes to cow moose I'm pretty sure they can partner with any family member. It is a lot of priority gained at a huge discount.

I'm not sure if the wildlife certification requirements will actually reduce the number of people in the system, or if it will just generate more funds. Either way, if they don't make it mandatory for every applicant, I think they would have definitely missed their mark.

Our current draw system definitely has ways that it can be taken advantage of. Now it might just cost more money.

I guess time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I would assume just the person entering the draws on behalf of the others would need to purchase their wildlife certificate. I doubt they would make me pay for the wildlife certificates for the 6 different people I apply for draws with. I am curious how they will do it though. I guess it is possible they would make everyone log in and buy their wildlife certificates before you could do group draws but that sounds like a pain in the ass to coordinate.