View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red 250 View Post
Here in Mb, a lot of us call walleye pickeral or even yellows. We know the correct name is walleye but we learnt the other names from our older generation and we are comfortable with whatever we call them.
you guys also call the walleye in the red river "Greenbacks" during the fall. Lucky SOB's catch freaking huge walleyes in the fall and winter on the Red. makes me sick. damn i miss MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud slug View Post
i don't know about that seems to be a few morons on here as well as a few jack*****es. were can you catch sauger around edmonton?
Fort Sask has some wicked holes for saugers. Super mixed bag in an evening can be had. Really, there is places all over from Devon to downstream of redwater, and even into saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I know most lakes have a zero limit for Walleye. But what is limit for Pickeral?
This was Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchow View Post
Here's another species for all. SAUGEYE, A cross between a Walleye and a Sauger. Lower White Lobe on tail is "usually" present, same coloration as a Sauger. Dorsal also displays the spots as the Sauger. However Regulations consider this under its "mother" species, the Walleye....
Alot of the rivers that contain both species of Sauger and Walleye are starting to have more of the the cross species being caught....
PS: This one had pic taken before being released
what an awesome slob Tchow!! you can sure tell the mixed breed from the actual size of that fish. Saugers are generally so very small. Nice photo.