View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 09:52 PM

I think we've got enough rules and restrictions- so I guess I'm an anarchist for not wanting even more.

From the Kananaskis Lakes, 3 different fishing licences are needed to fish with a 20 km radius (Alberta, B.C. & National Parks) for which you need to be familiar with 3 very different sets of regulations.

For an easily accessible lake, near recreational facilities like campgrounds - like the Kananaskis Lakes - many families are simply looking for their kid to catch a fish from shore that they can take back and cook up over the campfire. They're not trying to fill a freezer and they're not worried about how many people it will feed - it's all about the family experience. I'm for having as few barriers to them getting that experience as possible.

We've already limited a kids ability to land a fish by going barbless (except in the National Parks or in B.C. lakes - but not rivers). Thankfully they can use lead jigs/sinkers here (as K Country is outside of the national parks). And now we'll expect them to remember size limits and carry a tape?

No wonder they choose to stay at home (or remain in the RV at the campground) and play video games.