View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Banned

the competition is dead, artist retracted his offer. no sweat. you feel P&Y minimums are good trophies with archery...i dont. for me, antler size doesnt change because of the weapon. its just my opinion of course, but a 146 mule does not impress me. i dont care if you killed it by jumping on its back and stabbing it, the antlers wont impress me. a 181 gross 176 net mule however is a good trophy in my opinion. its legend does not grow because i shot it with a bow, nor would it be less of a trophy in my eyes if i had shot it with a rifle. thats part of the reason you wont see my name in the P&Y record book in great numbers. im not stacking up a pile of average animals. in my opinion, P&Y minimums are too low on most species. the 125 for whitetail just doesnt make any sense to me. of course im spoiled growing up in alberta, where 125 is just a little guy and truly big bucks are in good supply. i guess my attitude may be different if i lived in the deep southern US states. the bigger reason you wont find my name in the P&Y records is that i have never entered a trophy into any record book. i have animals that make P&Y, longhunter, the alberta provincial record book and B&C. you've seen most of them. geez i guess id make sci and buckmasters too now that i think of it. the fact is, i have no need to see my name in those books. no sleight to those that have their names listed, i just dont. my friends think im crazy for not entering them, but i dont care. im not alone feeling that way, but to each their own. i do share pics with other hunters because most guys like to see big animals. i know i sure do. its why i submitted material to and appeared in magazines. i love seeing and hearing about other guys success, especially when big trophy animals are involved. and when i look at other guys pics i dont try to demean their success because i dont approve of their clothing. next thing you'll be telling me is pictures in the dark must be from animals i shot from the truck at night.

anyway, it seems as though my point about doubling vertical archery hunters has brought the whole xbow issue to a halt for now and the real issue is clear now. to be honest, i was getting bored with the debate for a while anyhow. ill check the other thread first, but im out on this one. cya in the next thread.