View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 PM

Anyhow, Sun, I made my points, yer twisting them into things i never said. Re read them if you have to. They are what I think and said, not what you think I said. Your not me. I do think you should have done a bit more research on the topic before heading it up. There will be people that will oppose it, and for good reasons.

On to Goldscud who wrote....... hunterdave, notice the quotes!

"Steelhead, you suggest there are lot of quality lakes already available in the southern foothills/mountains. Besides Sparrow's Egg (special regulations), can you give me the name of another one. It's funny, I've never heard of a BC guy coming over here to fish our lakes...
You also believe the only place for a quality lake should be on the prairie. Do you have any waterbody suggestions that would meet the Quality lakes initiative conditions? There seems to be few prairie waterbodies that could sustain trout throughout the year without some help."

Late edit, I misread your post. As for southern foothills and mountains, there are more rivers and small streams to fish with already existing quality regulations and amazing stream fishing. people from BC come here for the river fishing, not the lakes it seems. Most of our quality lakes are a 1-3 hour hike into the rocks, and there is where you find the true quality lakes. Thats where I go to get quality, and fish the streams along the way! Let the BCers get the stockie dinks. Most of thier lakes in BC are full of little gerrards also with big broodstock thrown in. They only have one or 2 lakes I would call quality, and none close to the southern AB border. Funny, I cant think of any! Just the Elk river. And its a river.

Pick a lake on any of the stocking lists in the PP zones. Any of those lakes can be made into a quality fishery. All of them. BUT, with what money is it gonna happen with? They can be dug out deeper, aerated, artificial reefs to raise forage, enlarged, canals made to divert runoff water to keep it full and a supply of water for dry areas. Heck, they spend millions on irrigation lakes, and they are all quality fisheries! Any pothole can be made into a QUALITY LAKE.

How about lobbying for a project that spends ALOT of money to create a quality project, not, no spending projects where the money for anything slowly dissapears? . And lobby the gov for more money to create these projects and pay for enforcement! Everyone blames the poachers and anglers for the lack of quality in this province, but never Government spending. And that is absolutely crackers!

I have spent alot of time in many provinces in the last few years. They have public service announcements on tv, clean fresh painted signs, publications for almost every aspect of angling, government funded workers to clean up and beautify, well managed fisheries as a whole, no 12 year wait to figure out regs, if a problem exists, they fix it. I cant believe the money other provinces spew out to creat quality fisheries. Its astronomical! And they are all poorer than us!!

Now, if you have ever been to many other provinces and seen what I wrote above, why would anyone from BC want to come to Alberta to fish as there is NONE of the above, no trees and wind and dust, lots of wind and dust!

No wonder you havent heard of anybody coming from BC to Alberta to fish our lakes. Why would they when they have all I wrote about above.

I hope that answers your queries, goldscud.

No matter what, Quality can only be provided to all by spending money. Make the Government spend money, lobby for that, Make them spend your tax dollars to create and manage better for us.

STEELHEAD

Last edited by steelhead; 01-09-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: i missed Goldscuds foothills point