View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Yup...and did you actually read who he is on his page.
It seems that he is a blogger and stay home dad who is ( I'm paraphrasing here ) pompous enough to write an autobiography.
He has nothing to do with the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, other than cutting and pasting their material.

Quote:
The page in question (which he designed) is from the Canadian Civil Liberties handbook on what the police can do in Canada.
Quoting and/or providing a link to the actual handbook would have far more weight than providing a link to some blogger who is clearly lacking credentials. Again, all he has done is cut and paste. He says he has reformatted the booklet. It leads to me to wonder if he has changed any of the content.

Quote:
I dare say he knows more than most of us...
Speak for yourself. Cutting and pasting is far from knowledge.

Quote:
And in a later post of yours you state what your opinion is as to what Fish and Wildlife and LE can do...which is just that...your opinion. People following 'your' opinion could get themselves in a whole heap of trouble.
Not true.
Nowhere in my post did I say what people can or should do.
Nowhere in my post did I say what F&W can do.
I did however, quote the SG's website. It is quite clear that I was quoting it.

However, I did give my opinion as to what I feel would be a reasonable approach for F&W to take when it comes to hunter checks. I'm pretty sure that people could tell it was my opinion, seeing as I said that it was my opinion. .......twice.

This is not about you. It's about constitutional rights. This is a serious discussion and, IMO, the sources of information we rely upon need to be credible.
To avoid further derail, I won't respond to anything that is off topic.

Here's the handbook in question. https://ccla.org/cclanewsite/wp-cont...ts-Booklet.pdf

As for the issue at hand, I am unhappy that the OP went unpunished for what he did. I am happy that his Charter rights were deemed to be more important than the wildlife charges.