View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
A lot of them do much more than commute. One of my guys drives Calgary to Edmonton and back a few times a week usually and we did have this conversation. No issues at all.

I should say I am no fan boy of the products, but I am for real world assessments of things and I have been talking right to the daily users and have not heard a single issue back in regards to the battery life. When guys are spending high 5 to low 6 figures on cars, they are quick to lose their patience when they have issues, and I am just not seeing that happening. In fact they all seem to really love their cars! Equally in fact to other premium manufacturers.
I wonder if he is actually doing the round trip in one day. If so, he has time to recharge as he sits in whatever meeting he's attending. Good for him if it works.
I also wonder if it truly is his summer car. I also said high level, not Edmonton. What would he do if he just got to Edmonton and found out his wife was in the hospital? I would turn around and head back without needing to even fill my car. He can pine at a charging station.

Until an EV is as practical, reliable, utilitarian, and as proven as an internal combustion engine they will never own the market share of auto sales. Once they achieve those goals I believe they will replace ICE vehicles. I just laugh at the idea people think everyone will have an EV in 3 years. If I buy a new Suburban this year, I will be driving it for 15 years. I won't be buying an EV just because before that time.