View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
I thought he was charged for the restricted one.The crown dropped that charge when he plead guilty to the non restricted. So global news says he was and other ones say he wasn't .
He was charged. Then the charges were dropped. I am guessing he was charged because the pistol didn't have a trigger lock on it. There are reports that say none of his firearms had trigger locks and the court photo of the ruger blackhawk did not have a trigger lock on it(so either the RCMP/court took the lock off which seems unlikely or it didn't have one).

I am also guessing the charges were dropped because the crown was happy with the results of him pleading guilty to the first charge. He already had a fine, firearms ban and had given up his firearms. Going through the proceedings for the second charge would have only resulted in a small fine and would have been a waste of time for everyone involved.

Going back to using the Tokarev for scaring coyotes. Criminal code section 95 (1). Obviously there is no evidence to support such a case hence why he wasn't charged... Go tell a police officer you have sped in the past, you won't get charged for that either, doesn't mean you didn't break the law...