View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
But UE, I haven't heard of a lot of crimes in Canada committed with the 50 cal. machineguns I referenced. I prefer to think that is because as a prohibited weapon, there are just very few of them around. You prefer to believe that any break and enter artist or mugger could have one if he wished but that the criminals we have are just too honest and ethical to want one...

Now which do you think is REALLY more likely?
I prefer to think it's cause most gun owners are not criminals

As far as prohibs being tough to hide check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShsASxHXTFY

Oki, armed robbery was not a big problem when the first restricted registry was started.

Prohibs have also never been widely used in crime in Canada....before or after the restrictions came into play
The present regulations made criminals of lots of gun owners. All it takes is a lapse in paper work and you can’t reregister or sell, your property goes to the ban saw.

As a result there is lots of forbidden fruit for sale. I can bun an FN cheaper than I can the average pistol or hunting rifle. Because so few people can purchase them legally many folks stuck with them are willing to dispose of the problem rather cheaply.

Supply and demand the demand for firearms to commit crimes is rather small no matter what Wendy tells you.