View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
Oki, are we having a spree of crimes bein committed with non-restricted rifles? With handguns? With knives? Truth is, we don't have many "crime sprees" in this country (except in Winnipeg apparently). Why is that? Maybe because the extreme majority of Canadians can resist the urge to become homicidal psychopaths when in possession of any sort of "weapon", from firearms to rocks.
Totally missses the point. It seems to be gospel here that any criminal of any ilk can easily get any weapon they want. But the simple fact of the matter is that the majority of criminals do not use prohibited weapons in crimes. Few criminals in Canada pack full auto uzi's. Would anyone like to dispute THAT fact.

Now if you accept the above, then my claim is that a partial reason for that is that they are rather hard to come by (not impossible, but hard). My contention is that if, say, an uzi was non-restricted and 50% of the membership of this board owned a couple, they would be incredibly easy for any criminal to obtain. They would be as common as .22's. They would be coming out the back of WSS like water. I'm sort of agog how some here think they wouldn't be used more by criminals if there were a few hundred thousand of them in the country.