View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Totally missses the point. It seems to be gospel here that any criminal of any ilk can easily get any weapon they want. But the simple fact of the matter is that the majority of criminals do not use prohibited weapons in crimes. Few criminals in Canada pack full auto uzi's. Would anyone like to dispute THAT fact.

Now if you accept the above, then my claim is that a partial reason for that is that they are rather hard to come by (not impossible, but hard). My contention is that if, say, an uzi was non-restricted and 50% of the membership of this board owned a couple, they would be incredibly easy for any criminal to obtain. They would be as common as .22's. They would be coming out the back of WSS like water. I'm sort of agog how some here think they wouldn't be used more by criminals if there were a few hundred thousand of them in the country.
it's easy to see that most of you guys spend way to much time watching T.V as this seams to be most of where your information on criminals stem from,most hard core criminals prefer a short 12gage for very practical reasons the biggest one is that it is dam near impossible to trace the shot to any gun wear it is a fact that they can match a bullet to what ever weapon fired it. this is a big thing for a defends lawyer as being caught with a shot gun in your hands right after a crime is still a long ways from proving you did it where with any thing that shoots bullets can and will be traced right back to the weapon that fired the bullets.