View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:34 PM

Default rigging up and older boat

i caught the salmon/halibut fishing bug real bad so i just bought an older boat and i won't have long to rig it up. its an 85 sea ox. 23ft cuddy walk around. found it down in mexico last year. my dad test drove it and it was good so i bought it. im going to pick it up in april and will be taking her out on the salt in june. doesn't leave me with a lot of time to rig her up or a ton of cash so i kind of have to do high priority upgrades first. it has a vhf , lowrance x19 sonar/gps, 15hp honda kicker with easy troll,small bimimi top and not much else for accessories. i plan on putting downriggers, getting some more rods/reels, and installing a charging system off the kicker to the batteries. the other boat i own is a 17ft thats new and i don't venture too far offshore with it so i don't carry a lot of stuff. i plan on using the new rig up around rupert most of the time were i could be a long way from supplies. just wondering from all the experts what i should be spending my money on and what is good to have onboard. i will have a lot more room for tools,parts, gear,supplies than before. i can also steal off the other boat for things like rod holders. i have 2 armstrong scotties i could use if i had to this year but im going to tofino and don't know how bad i want to be cranking up lead from 150ft all day. any and all coments are wanted. thanks in advance