View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 02:53 PM

Not sure that it attracts them but it sure doesn't scare them off I make mock scrapes and pee in them and have watched many does and bucks come up and sniff away without any sign of apprehension In fact nailed a 10 point buck with bow few weeks ago that was standing sniffing a scrape i had made few days before and freshened up myself that morning. He was calm and sniffing away
I saw a TV show a number of years ago where the host pee'd in snow and then put out some deer scent a few feet away, vanilla, a few more feet away and another scent I can't recall again close by The buck came by sniffing and stopped at the human pee and pawed it vigourously, basically ignoring the others so it sure doesn't bother them The wenzel's brothers experimented lots with peeing and pooping out of tree stands onto deer and said it didn't scare them
If you wnt to make a lot of mock scrapes buy a gallon of ammonia cleaner, pee in it and shake You have a gallon of great scrape attractant that costs about $2 better than one ounce of doe in heat pee that costs $9 and same results