Thread: Archery GoPro
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:25 PM

Ok, this is one shot with my waterproof point and shoot cam mounted on a bowfinger rod in the stab mount. I think you need to change the picture quality to 1080p in youtube setting. Hopefully this link works this time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1lOfxRqNQ

As I mentioned earlier, I think it takes some practice with the bow mount cam to remember to point your bow at the action...I will sometimes wear both the Gopro headstrap (since I have it) and use the bow mount at the same time. As you can see I forgot in this one to keep the bow pointed at the action and you miss the cows walking out in front of me less than 20yrds.... you just barely see them busting as I raise my bow... hey it is amateur video

Anyhow, not sure what I have the zoom set to in this vid, I am guessing maybe only 2 or3x. This bull is actually 40yrds, so pretty much twice the distance as the Rosey in the last vid with the Gopro so demonstrates what I was talking about. Pretty good picture and sound mic on the Sony too. Don't beat me up over the shot.

When you see my broadhead disappear, I am obviously drawing. Had a false draw on this guy at first thinking he was closer until he bugled again. Anyhow, my buddy and I had been working him for an hour to this point. My buddy had a rifle but could not see him. The bull was pretty hot as we had scattered some of his other cows so he hung in and we worked him with cow calls and by buddy finished the job. Worked out good for me as I bagged a bigger bull 2 days later

I had my Gopro headstrap on for my bull, and thought I got great video until I went to download and realized the gopro was not turned on. Another issue with wearing the Gopro on your head in stealth mode without the beep to tell you it went on. Sometimes it fails to engage as you are engaging the on/off button thru the waterproof case so can be a bit wonky.

I will try and post a pic later of the actual cam mounted on the bow but sure you seen them lots before. I like it. No need for more zoom, and it is no fuss no muss in terms of weather. Does not hold the battery charge as long as the Gopro though so bring a spare if on multi day trip (learned that on the elk trip above).