View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
The last time I was there there were some sierra mackerel, they are a lot like pike, so shiny spoons like Kastmasters or deadly dicks are the go-too. I will be adding diamond jigs and buzz bombs 2-3 oz range tipped with a hochie. There is a bait fish called glass minnows that don't seem to be as migratory as mullet.

There should be snapper types around the rocks if I bother to dip bait. poppers could come in handy there too.

If the mullet are around then who knows maybe jacks and roosterfish but that is very unlikely I have seen a few over the years but they are typically in the surf June to October "ish"

I have been on charters and I have never been on a boat that has caught anything too interesting. But it is fun to tool around the beach the break of dawn then meet the wife for a late breakfast and get on with your day.
Never been to Mexico or tried to fish for any of those species so it will be interesting. A break from winter would be nice too

I am stuck waiting for summer to do any trips this year. Want to make a trip to sask with the wife but priority is musky again this year at least once. It’s a good fishing trip and It’s profitable for me