View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 06:40 PM

Default Bare shaft tuning question

Okay so it's more than one question but there are some things I am curios about. After messing around with my rest a bit during last fall in a failed attempt to broadhead tune I gave up and just sighted to were my broadheads were. Now with the new year I decided I should re tune the bow completely. I chose the bare shaft tuning method because it is the easiest for me given what I have to use and shoot into. I have my bow almost completely tuned except there is a fishtail in the bare shaft that kicks it to the left about 4 to 6 inches at 15 yards. The first thing I thought to do was move the rest to correct this just as you would paper tuning. When I did this I got the bare shafts to move to the correct spot but the problem is that the fleched arrows moved just as far away as the bare shafts moved. I am wondering if there is a different adjustment I should be doing on the bow or if it is because my arrows are to stiff that I cannot get the groups together. If the arrows are to stiff would raising the point weight be enough to correct this( if so by how much) or do I need lighter spined arrows.