View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 03:46 PM

I like to jig a Len Thompson spoon with a minnow. I take the treble hook off of the spoon and put a snap swivel on the bottom of the spoon. Then I can unhook the treble hook and stab a minnow onto the main shank of the treble hook. Then the minnow is sitting horizontal and I snap the treble back onto the spoon. Minnows stay on good. Alot of the time I am not jigging the spoon so much but rather just short fast fluttering just to create some flash. Have put a minnowed spoon below a stationary tip up too.

Or just a snap swivel on the end of my line, no spoon, and then snap on a treble hook with a horizontal minnow. Pike tend to inhale the plain minnow deep so I only use that if I know I am going to keep the pike.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets