View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Thanks for posting .
This was my very first time i read their regs.
Some interesting facts I read that are different than ours .

All fish are measured with out pinching the tail .

I was unable to find the limits or length of fish for each lake but I did find that
Province wide all walleye over 55 must be released and all Lake trout over 65 must be released . Nice !
I kind of like that ,I wish Alberta had the same . But I would also include that that it would include all statues treaty indian fishermen also.

I also read a non- treaty indain person can not even help pull up a net or help clean or even touch a fish or big game like helping lifting a moose into a back of a truck that was taken by a treaty person . The most they can do is help transport it down the hwy.

I think Alberta needs more info in their regs so we we don't get caught just helping a guy pull a moose in his truck .
I'm pretty sure the rules are the same in Alberta as far as helping out a treaty First Nations or maytee on hunting or fishing you're not allowed to do much of anything I can't tell you how many times I've heard oh I went with this buddy that was treaty and we shot a moose anyway didn't mean to hijack my own thread