View Single Post
Old 07-29-2023, 04:56 PM

Well like most winters the fishings been on the back burner. I haven’t been home for a decent weather day yet and haven’t had a deep drop with the electric or sunk a sword bait.

We did head out for a jig the other day and struggled to find any quality fish. Caught lots of junk, put a red headed diver down on the troll while sounding out some new ground and picked up half a doz mackerel, tuna and Bonita.

This little sergeant baker was greedy.

Smashed a couple dozen tiny AJ’s off a wreck but couldn’t find a kingfish or full sized model.

A baby jewfish. These things can get huge.

Scorpion fish. These cary a neurotoxin and will spike you almost everywhere. Supposedly very fine eating.

A baby pearl perch. Seems we were in the nursery all day.

Last night the club had their annual presentation night.

The little man was requested to be there. I wasn’t home so mom had to take him. He cleaned house in the junior category. My boat ranked 8th in the under 7.5m category. I didn’t place anywhere at all as I didn’t catch enough fish.

The bodo trophy on the right side there is a annual perpetual trophy that was awarded to the club by the bodo family in 2017 which is why there are only five names in it. The club is still waiting for Nolan’s plaque to be cut before it’s installed which is why his name is missing.

To an Albertan the IGFA wouldn’t mean much but the Australian game fishing club and the international game fishing club have been aligned for a lot longer then I’ve been alive. I had to read about the Bodo trophy and it’s significance and within the game fishing fraternity it’s a milestone. To say I’m proud of the little man is an understatement.

Fingers crossed this next season is even better. Three more months before they’re back.