View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
No offence, but never again will I take the advice of one single vet again. Before you consider anything, do get a proper X-ray, the dog hasn't been truly diagnosed yet and already surgery is the option.

You say your dog runs like the wind, but favours the back leg. Have you ever tried to stabilize the knee with bandaging and taping for a few days to see what happens? Try to keep the dog from running too much, let him swim his heart out.

I've got a screwed up knee, ACL and CCL issues, the knee tends to get "loose" for lack of a better term and I can feel it clicking. Need to bandage it for a few days but keep it moving. I just don't manage it properly, my own fault.

I'm thankful my pup is insured.
Definitely getting the X-ray and a second opinion before proceeding with anything. Also looking into some alternate treatments. Want the best care for Duke, and if we can reduce expenses that is a bonus.

This will be a process and will research as best I can before we make any decisions.

Duke hasn't really changed his behaviour much and energy levels are good. Which is part of the reason why we didn't act any sooner than we did. Just thought he's a tall dog, and getting a little older, so thought he was stiff in the hips a bit and after a lot of exertion just thought he was sore as opposed to ligament damage.

Like you say, a second opinion is important.

Thx