Thread: Tobin lake
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Bump to hopefully break the silence

Not looking for your fishing spots on the lake just info on possible accommodations, access, and opinion on the fishery during the time of year I posted

I am someone who prefers to look at depth charts and pick where I think the fish are because it has treated me better then following where others fish
Look up a couple of vids. One with Mercer and 1 with fishing Canada. They are both latter in the season and they tell you where and how to fish. They were using bobbers and quick strike rigs at that time of the year catching Large pike feeding on ciscos by Wallis Flats. There is a road to the end of the flats and you will not have a problem putting you kayak in there.

The other location I would put in is at the far North West end by the EB Campbell dam. There is boat launch there so again no problem putting in.

Two words of warning though. First it is often windy and the waves can be very big on the lake part of Tobin. At that time of the year the pike are in the lake portion of the system. Second you have to be flexible in your thinking and presentations on Tobin. They did not log out the trees before they flooded the lake hence there are MANY snags so I know I had to adjust the way I normally fish after I got there.

If your going for Walleye the river portion to Tobin Lake resort point is still best at that time of the year. You can find a good place to put in at the Nipawin regional park by the upstream dam. If you have two vehicles then I would just drift down stream from there until Tobin Lake resort point. Again very Many snags and you will lose lots of hooks so most just use lindy rigs etc here as they are cheap and work about as good as anything.

https://www.rustyhooktobin.com/image...n_Lake_Map.pdf
Best accommodation in the area I found was the Northern Greens Resort and Conference Centre

Good Luck to You

Last edited by cube; 04-07-2021 at 10:54 AM. Reason: name of park