View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 09:33 PM

I can't agree more with Vigsy on this point.

When I got home tonight I didn't see a city cop on my street. That's because they're aren't enough of them to be on every street in the city. Same goes for Fish and Wildlife. They can't be on every lake, everyday. I was only able to fish Cold Lake 2 times last summer (Week long trips) and when Fish and Wildlife weren't there the Park Rangers were helping out at the boat launch.

One time they were there and I had a great talk with him and we had a legal fish in the boat. He measured it and congratulated us and went on with business after a short talk. I also had them check us on the lake the previous summer.

Last winter on my only trip of 4 days I was checked 1 day then as well. There are 2 guys to do how many square KM? They do a hell of a job and require our eyes to help them out. 90% of us have cell phones and should have the Report A Poacher number programmed in them, it's also on your licence. It's 1-800-642-3800

So if the Cold Lake Fish and Wildlife read this I feel you're doing the best you can with the resources you have and as usual on any lake I fish, I/m an extra set of eyes for you and got your back.