View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
For your information, Muir was a quality fishery in the 60's and 70's but SRD decided to stop stocking it because it started to winterkill almost every year (much like chickakoo). Placing aerators on the lake has solved that problem.

So, it'll take more than a couple aerators to grow reasonable size fish? It already is so... WRONG! But it will take more than aerators to grow some true trophies. Like studying the lake and stocking it accordingly for one thing.

One more time, how is Muir A failure?

HELLOOOO?
Yeah, and there were alligaters in it when the dinosaurs roamed the earth too. It was a dead lake that SRD had written off and that's why it was handed over to people to experiment with. I have no problem with that. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the money doesn't come out of the coffers that pay for the stocking of the existing lakes, you can turn as many slews into quality fisheries as you want. As long as you don't try to touch any of the existing stocked lakes it's all good.

Other non-quality lakes are growing the same sized fish as what's in Muir without the restrictions and aerators so how can anyone say that it's a success? You said it yourself, it'll take more than aerators to grow trophies in there. The aerators might be keeping them alive, for now, but it's the restrictions that keep them in the lake. If you think that you can maintain a large number of fish up to and including 30" in there then I wish you luck with that.