View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Was up at Calling on Friday afternoon. At 1 PM walked down to the shore to see that the ice heave previously cut through with a chain saw and smashed out with a sledge hammer had not changed in 3 weeks!

Went and did chores, came back on with the sled, and the heave had popped 3 feet!

Went and found a crossing that a neighbour had cut out with a bucket / hoe unit and all was OK.

Ice was very loud, and the way on had blown up by the time I went to cross, again.

Next morning, the crossing had to be smashed down with sledge and pick, but made it across. Coming back again the heave blew up, about 4 feet this time.

Sunday was more of the same, with the group of us having to go down the lake about a mile to find a crossing so we could travel back along shore to get back.

Ben Auger is also impassible due to a 3 ++foot heave with broken ice that blew on Saturday afternoon.

Good Times.

Drewski
How was the access at the PP Park? I was out there a couple of weeks ago and it was good. Then we got that big dump of snow in Edmonton so I'm curious how the conditions are there?