View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary K View Post
i jsut moved to texas in feb.

for starters, where are you moving? i ask this cause im low on friends. haha

i used Irunguns to move 2 down for me. it wasnt worth the hassle to me. cost about 100$ per. i moved my treasured rifles and left the other stuff home. sold a couple.

at the end of the day, much cheaper and much more variety here. your local academy sports puts basspro and cabelas to shame in terms of selection.

i got a rem 700 sps for 349 on sale the other day.... wasnt worth moving my rem 700 down for that price!
also jsut missed out on the fathers day deal. buy a ruger sr9 get a free heritage .22lr revolver.

i did however get in on the motherday sale, buy a ruger ar-15 get a free 10/22!
For now Weston Lakes near Fulshear/Katy. I do plan on moving somewhere closer to work if it is in Downtown but who knows. With my luck i'll probably get moved to Corpus or Quintana as that is where they are building the LNG Plants. Yea Academy has some great sales, I had my father in law buy a shotgun for me, the Yildiz Eleganta; and it is just sits and waits for my trips to Texas. I may just buy a gun here as I bet I wont be shooting more than 300 yards in Texas. The only animals I can see me hunting down here are hogs, turkey and deer. I'll keep my high powered hunting rifles at home in Canada.

I do plan to do some fishing though. My friend just bought a center console and we were supposed to try it out today in Laguna Madre but I am leaving to Poland right now as we speak.