View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 09:00 AM

Around Christmas there were some picketers adjacent a Co-op grocery store on Macleod Trail, they were handing out pamphlets. Inside the store there was a very obvious sign placed dead center where you walk in saying ‘What up with the protesters?” Then it went on to note the strike action.

I can relate to people wanting things a bit better, but I have to say when I see strike actions in times like now when so many are completely out of work it seems rather tone-deaf. Being private sector I’m fine with it, they can deal with that themselves. What gets me though is seeing public sector unions striking, like the Ontario Teachers, now there’s a group of oblivious “me, me, me” people who are completely oblivious to the un or under-employed taxpayers who are paying their wage. They live in the province with the highest sub-national debt anywhere in North America yet they think the taxpayers should ante up some more.