View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
What if I happen to know a spot that's not full of litter, so there's no need for me to go cleaning up others' garbage? Does that mean I'm not doing a good job fishing? Does it make me a D-bag?

Just wonderin'...
No Doubt Jay . x 2 .

Typically its the people that show up because they want to fish the river , or whatever because they hear its good fishing , might get the big one , and they cast out with 50 lbs worth of weight , or there 10 dollar hook whatever it may be , get snagged and just cut there line .

Maybe show up prepared , I might lose some gear in the river , as will do my clients , but i'm prepared every time out . I have some pretty heavy line , I use a much lighter , leader to tie snells , etc depending how i'm fishing . Even were chucking jigs , still the same thing , spooled with some hefty line and , then a light leader so it breaks the leader before its gonna break my main line .

I will likely get the guys saying because spools on reels aren't made to have 50 or 60 lb line , well the spool doesn't know any different when its the same diameter as 8 or 10 lb line . Whatever it is , i'm just making the comparison .

I guess my message is if you wanna get out to the river show up with proper gear , ask someone , many people here , at fishing shops with countless hours river fishing . Live I've said before Ive been fishing the North Saskatchewan , since I was 6 or 7 years old with my Old man . Use to go sturgeon fishing before it was the cool thing to do .

I know that if i'm taking clients down to the river I head down the night before always bring home a garbage bag full of peoples crap that are to lazy to toss it out , line , minnow tubs , worm tubs , etc . Inconsiderate pigs is how i refer to them . I show up with all our stuff and leave with it .