View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Only ever did 1 round of 3d at jimbow's prior to yesterday. I was trying to apply the same scoring as the sunday morning shoots. Smallest circle = 11, next 10, then 9, etc and then a 5 for anywhere on the target.
There are a few different ways of scoring. I've heard the super kill counted as a 12, or 11, and also as a 10x! Then there is a 10 ring which is generally a heart shot, the lung area is usually counted as an 8, and then anywhere on the body is considered a 5, of course this excludes hooves and antlers. Most people say if you hit foam, you get 5, but some rules state that if the target has a base that it's standing on as part of the foam, and you hit that base, it's a zero! I don't think any of this applies for the shoot on Sunday though, as Arrow Dog said we will be using a different scoring style. I've never used this method of scoring so it should be interesting to see how I do. Look forward to meeting some new members this weekend! And hopefully running into some people I've met here before.