View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 08:27 PM

If you don’t want to contact ACA to find out the reason behind the bowhunting only stipulation, then maybe you can private message somebody the property you’re speaking of, and we can find you an answer?? From reading through this thread, it seems to me that you have a large chip off your shoulder, in regards to bowhunters.

Bowhunters are not an elitist group of rich people who get more rights because of our status quo! The reason why Alberta’s bowhunters have more opportunities, is because bowhunting is a lot more difficult than rifle hunting. We are allowed longer seasons because our success rates, and our hunter numbers are much lower than that of rifle hunters. You are welcome to join the group of bowhunters who take advantage of longer seasons and more opportunities. Nobody is stopping you!

Fighting against bowhunters, because rifle hunters don’t have as many opportunities is ridiculous! I’m not saying you can’t be disappointed. However, Coming on a public forum and telling legal hunters that you are planning on disregarding rules of a conservation property that is open to the public, just because you think you should be able to do what you want. Is probably not the wisest thing to do!

We have offered you some suggestions on what to do to find out why the guidelines are set in place. But you don’t seem interested in anything other than getting what you want! I’m sorry for your frustrations, but if you are not actually looking for help, then why did you pose the question in the first place? It seems like you are just looking for justification from fellow members as to why it would even matter if you took your rifle out there.

If you’re going to just do what you want to, then why tell us at all? Realize that when you go out there, and you get caught disregarding the rules, that you’re not just affecting that one property, or yourself. You’re giving the whole hunting community a bad name as well!!

I hope you find your answer, and can be satisfied with it. And if not, follow the proper channels to get it changed. I enjoy rifle hunting just as much as I do bowhunting. However, I enjoy that less people are in the woods during bow season, and I feel much safer in the woods when I know that nobody is going to point a rifle at me, so they can look at me through their scope!! Good luck this year!!