View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
That potentially explains the licences.

What about the access to the private land?

One of these days, hopefully today, the underground and illegal access agreements between outfitters and landowners are held to legal standards by F&W.
As far as I know nothing illegal is taking place. But I could wrong on something. They are hunting the Deseret Ranches/knight Ranch in 108 and I believe in 130. The Deseret Ranch has 2 allocations in 108 and 4 in 130 I believe. The 2 allocations in 108 (where Lee killed his deer) are owned by the Deseret ranch and the outfitter/ranch boss runs the hunts on this land nearly all the time even though the tags would be good anywhere in 108. That said, there is no trespassing or hunting on the Deseret Ranches other than these allocations for these zones. There are thousands of deer on thousands of acres here. Herd management is pretty easy to do when you have that and only 2 tags. Maybe shoot the giant fork horns and 3 points instead of the 200 inchers every year so some herd management. There will always be 2 Americans (Canadians This year) That will come and use the 2 tags in 108 and 4 in 130. Lee and Tiffany will just come every year and "pay" for a guided hunt just like any other American could do year after year. Now there are other allocations in both zones with another outfitter and i'm not sure if they leased them to Deseret last year for all those hunters (lee, blake Shelton, ect.) to allow them to hunt the ranch as well. I don't know the rules that well to say if anything illegal is going on or not. I think they just mis-used words and phrases to spice up their show and forgot they were in Canada not the USA. Please clarify anything I might have said. I don't know all the rules other than this is how its always been since I can remember and grew up here seeing. I would love to know the ins and outs of it all.