View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 06:44 PM

Default For Christmas 2010 and the Holidays, The Fire Fighter's Prayer

As a 29 year Fire Fighter and more recently First Responder, I would like to wish everyone in here, and their families a safe and happy holiday. Especially safe, as we are ready to help, we would of course all much rather not be needed.

I have purposely stayed away from the forum, the biggest reason being I have absolutely no wish to fight with the idiots that take huge pleasure in doing just that.

I hope that everyone feels the same as I do in respect to the Emergency Services Personnel, and ask only one thing, PLEASE respond if you feel so inclined, but if you only want to fight or be an ass respond to me in person through PM and not in this thread.

I tear up every time I read this prayer, I have felt the life slip away from someone more than once while on, and off duty. Some things are with you for life.

Some of you may have heard of the Fire Fighters Prayer, others not.

THE FIRE FIGHTERS PRAYER

When I’m called to duty God wherever flames may rage, give me strength to save a life whatever be it’s age

Help me to embrace a little child before it is too late or save an older person from the horror of that fate

Enable me to be alert to hear the weakest shout and quickly and efficiently to put the fire out

I want to fill my calling and to give the best in me, to guard my neighbour and protect his property

And if according to your will I have to lose my life, bless with your protecting hand my children and my wife.

AMEN

I would like to wish you all the best for the remainder of 2010, and all of 2011.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....