View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Banned

Default As a Taxpayer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccam1 View Post
I see nothing on the Herald's web page about the closure this morning, although the paper has not come yet. Why is there no info from the City to the public if there is a safety issue. I guess it's a case of the counsil making sure that we understand that they are looking out for our best interest as THEY see it! Is there a police investigation? Is it that Fluffy got scared from a loud bang? Is it that guns are bad? People who use guns are bad? Someone taking advantage of the good weather dug up some old bullet while tending their garden? Answers please.
I find this aspect particularly disturbing. If there is / was a new safety risk, then why not tell the public? To me, council taking such action before releasing any information or report smacks of political risk, not public risk. Public risk is always best reduced through spreading information. Political risk is usually tried to be reduced by controlling information

I'd like to encourage everyone to write to council and ask them why they act without sharing information with their bosses, the taxpayers?