View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Teenage girls are more are volatile than teenage boys, easily equated to emotional nitroglycerin.

I was talking with a client yesterday and we were of the opinion that some aspects of psych wards 100 years ago were far superior than today, primarily in that the loonies were kept away from the sane for good. Vince Li for one example demonstrates how excessively far we've swayed....

My client noted that years ago when she worked in home care she had a young mother client who was quite unstable, the girl had called her up one day noting that she was about to stab her 3 month old baby because it was 'growing horns' and she had a knife in hand for the gruesome task, my client managed to talk the girl down and to leave the room that the baby was in, she then rushed over after contacting the police and EMS. Apparently she got there first and the baby was safe. The girl was institutionalized for a spell but in a year or two had custody of her 3 kids back.....
Interesting discussion this morning. This girl is being viewed as a victim by the Media and Public. Similar event in La Loche makes the guy a monster.

Grizz