View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 01:21 PM

Many moons ago while hunting 438 between 1984 to 1995 (before draw came into play for mule deer) the trees were cut down. You could see the tops of the hills clearly & you could see the Mule Deer. Just walking down those old forestry roads (with ten foot ditches running across them every 80 yards). You could see Mule Deer does bathing in the sun on a small hill side but close to trees for a quick get a way. Heck while walking along through tall grass we almost walked on a Mule deer doe that was sleeping. We never did get a Mule Deer buck, we saw some but they were to far away, or like this one time when I never squeezed the trigger....I just stared with ah when I saw this big 6x5 looking at me. When I & got my sight on him a Mule Deer doe decided to walk right in front of him & stayed there & there was no way to get a shot off & so they walked together into the trees. That was my second chance. So I went back down the hill. There was water & food, & shelter for them.

Some tips in my story. Just remember Mule Deer for the most part give you a second chance.