View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 07:32 PM

Jet:

Thanks for the link! I'll check out the nautical monkey site.

As I said, nothing can get done without spelling everything out in writing.

The trip went well; we managed to get in on one of the last years ever that the new owners of Curries would rent a canoe. We did the canoe Saturday and a Maligne boathouse rowboat on Sunday. The rowboat was slow. And at 14 feet, a little short.

I have thought very hard and long about the canoe as an investment and then renting it out. I have thought about it carefully. Lots of issues with waivers and insurance, and then would I end up with the same P-I-T-A issues as the businesses in Jasper? Probably. Its not for nothing that all 3 local Jasper businesses have gotten out of the game of renting this specialized equipment; just too much headache.

So I thought of this first; people take care of stuff better when they own it. Essentially it boils down to I rather have the headaches of shared ownership versus the headaches of single ownership trying to rent.

Of course, just occasionally, a smokin' good deal crops up, maybe I can justify the cost if it were really cheap.

Thanks for asking about the trip. Such hypocrisy that Parks Canada gets to run huge boats daily that use gas, but God forbid a little old user like me uses one...