View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
10 batteries?? Why on earth would you want that many??

Wouldn't 2 batteries, a 1000 honda generator, 2 gallons of fuel and a battery charger be easier?

Just wondering....
I'll be happy to shed some light; Parks Canada won't allow generators; haven't allowed them since the 80's.

For the serious nut fisherman like me, having 8 to 12 batteries for a 5 day trip is pretty much the norm. You'd be surprised. The lake is long and 5 days is a long time in power requirements. Plus, I have 24 volt motor, so 2 batteries are being used up at once.

Though, that reminds me, I could see what's the latest and greatest in solar recharging, but last time I checked, most recharging technology is inadequate to re-charge deep cycle marine batteries. Or super expensive. I should look into it...

MEC is definitely no good. Totem has a better selection than MEC.

This is like the movie Jaws: "you're gonna need a bigger boat..."

Just as a reference, one of the most popular canoes that Source for Sports in Jasper sells, specifically for Maligne fisherman (but won't rent them) is this Scott Hudson Bay model, 21 feet, or the Albany' 18,4". They're ideal; both are 50 inches wide or better, and at least 18 inches deep. Can really carry a load:

http://abitibico.ca/en/products/canoes

Appreciate the feedback. It's a challenging problem, but I'll figure something out I'm sure.

Cheers.
Mike