View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 04:02 PM

I did a lot of dry fly fishing in southern Alberta and B.C. when I was young, caught a couple of beavers, one white sneaker, lots of bushes, a few dragonflies, myself (more than once), but the strangest got to be using a #14 mosquito dry on the Nordegg, saw a strike and set the hook. The fly came flying out of the water, the initial conclusion was that I missed, but I did not, it was a 1 1/2 in. rainbow. The little guy striked so aggressively that I could have sworn that it was a much bigger fish. I hooked him perfectly through the cheek. When I got it unhooked, it actually swam away but I dont put much hope on it surviving. For the rest of the weekend with my fishing buddies, I OWNED the bragging right of setting the hooking on the smallest fish possible.

The other coolest thing (not necessary strange) is a Golden Trout. Probably the most beautiful fish I have ever caught. Only ever landed one but it is a beauty. I do have a "paper" picture of it somewhere, if I find it, I will post it.