Thread: Snaring seminar
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Elk Hunter View Post
H380 hopefully if the snaring course becomes mandatory that it is phased in over a couple or three years so that the Instructors can keep up with the demand and that everyone can get the course that need it.
Also I think that the ATA would not try to gouge people as they want to keep it as reasonably cost wise as possible.
The price of the current course is not outrageous and if you learn just one little thing that you use to catch one extra coyote the course pays for its self.
I hate to break it to you but people are already getting gouged at $80.

Sure it's only $80 but do you know how they came up with that amount? A trapping instructor came up with a costing based on what he thought that it would cost to conduct the course everywhere province wide. For example, it would cost $1600 to send one instructor to Fort Makay or Fort Chip to teach 20 students and break even. With the instructor's wage, travel, hotel, meals, etc. that sounds reasonable right?

Now apply that same $80 times 20 students to a location where there is no requirement for the cost of a hotel, etc (ie. Westlock, Grand Prairie, Calgary, etc.......basically anywhere an instructor lives in the vicinity). Less the instructor's wages that's a healthy chunk of change!

You know, I might not have minded if the association was right upfront with the membership with what they suggested, but to go behind everyone's back and pull this off is simply dirty. To make matters worse, they are treating this mandatory Snaring course as an opportunity to generate more revenue. The whole fiasco stinks.