View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post
Where did you get those slabs!? Very nice! Never tried Bass, it's definitely on my bucket list though.

Interesting that you don't use plastics for Walleye, some guys swear by them. I find the closer I fish to the bottom, the more likely it is I will use a plastic. They aren't ripped off/torn apart by weeds like real bait is, they are usually brighter down there and grab the fishes attention I find. And with all these new scents, its like there is no real downside. You can even rig them weedless and wiggle your way through weed beds to find fish hiding on a hot summers day. Rigging real bait weedless is a lot more difficult I find.
Rigging rubber worms for bass is weedless also. It’s very simple when used with a proper worm/plastics hook.
We used to fish largemouth alot when I lived in Ontario. One of my favorite warm water fish to fish for and top of the heap for eating. We usually kept a few twice per season for a fish fry and the rest was catch & release. Even caught the odd one ice fishing for walleye!! Walleye and largemouth out of the same hole was always a hoot. There was no guessing which you had on?! Even in their dormant winter mood a 3 or 4 pound largemouth had bigger shoulders than a walleye twice it’s weight, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FA1AB236-0BB9-4DCA-B040-17264BCEB70B.jpeg (34.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpeg 829BD876-C5DA-44D2-A9D8-D6ABE36C3DB3.jpeg (43.2 KB, 54 views)