Thread: Worst trip ever
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarysledguy View Post
Glad it all worked out and you had someone to call when you needed it.

We were out there today. Foggy drive out, but Perfect, nice next to zero wind day. We managed 9 pike and had some Perch tease us on the camera. Didn't really have any issue driving around on the lake with 4x4. Crazy how things change day by day.

Yup, if not hour to hour. You need to keep an eye on the sky when your in a boat too. We’ve gone from fishing in the hot sun at noon, to taking shelter in the bathrooms in hail with a tornado only a few miles away, an hour later.
There and Newell, both get nasty fast. Been in a boat launch cluster panic and just barely got out in time. Other were shoring on the beach. You’d have thought you were out in the Baltic ocean, with 4-5 foot rollers and hurricane wind.
Not like there the only 2 lakes. I’ve watched small fronts move in and see a super cell grow from a cloud in under 30 mins at a few lakes. I used to push the limit a bit trying to get one more catch, but now I play it safe.
Sadly I’ve heard a sad story or 2 on every lake, that remind you fishing and boating has serious hazards.
Most dangerous sport, with the highest casualty numbers is fishing/boating.