Thread: Huskemaw Optics
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 07:19 PM

I'm a 3 season hunter, that means Bow, Muzzleloader, and Rifle. I have shot animals at 7 yards on the ground with a bow, and over 700 with my rifle. Does each and every hunt that I have been on mean something to me? You bet it does, I take from the hunt what I want and that is the total expericence. If a shot at an animal that I want to harvest presents itself and it's way out there when I have the right gear (rangefinder, bipod, and a rifle that I know what it does at that distance) will I take the shot. I will as long as the conditions are right and I know I can make a clean kill. Does that hunt mean anyless than the one I shoot with my bow? Nope, every situation is different, and every single one of them has a place in my memories. For someone to tell me that I'm unethical for taking a long shot, that's your opinion and really means nothing to me as it's my hunt and my memories. Each year there are lots of animals that get shot and lost by hunters of every type at close distance - to me not making a clean kill is unethical if you take a shot that you shouldn't, not the distance involved.