Thread: Trophy Antelope
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3589 View Post
Scoped out a nice buck the night before and I’m sure a number of others saw him too. But we got up super early to get there first and arrived an hour before legal time. Waited and about 15 mins to legal time another hunter pulls up and stops about 400-500 yrds down from us and goes in after the same antelope. If I arrived and someone was late was there I would move on but maybe that’s not how it’s done. Anyways they ended up shooting the buck on us when we were stalking it. He wasn’t a monster just a good buck and wouldn’t score worth crap so there was no point in doing what they did.

We moved on and found another decent buck and did a good stalk on him and she got him. So had some good memories made later on.

Maybe it will get posted on here, I will certainly recognize it.

Last time we hunted there had the same thing happen were hunter literally pulled in two car lengths in front of us to after the same buck.

Maybe if they made the season a bit longer there would be this mad rush by hunters I don’t know. But there were hunters driving all over all day. Very busy.
Kinda had the same thing happen to us on opening morning.. we got to a road approach on the grazing lease about 30 min before legal light, but it wasn’t long before another guy parked about 150 yards down the road on a slight hilltop, and another guy parked around the corner on the road at around the same time. They might have been together, i don’t know. They got out and started walking in before there was even enough light to see. The animals could have been 250 yards from the road, and nobody would have known.
My son and i backed out and went after #2 on the hit list and got him at around 10am. We had an audience on our hunt - a fella in a white ford parked beside us as we were walking in, and he watched us get into position to make our shot. He was still there after dragging the buck out, and i guess it was his #2 as well. He said there was a ton of pressure on the EID stuff where his #1 buck was located, so he came over to look for this one. He was about 20-30 min too late though
If you’re reading this - i hope you got a good one, Dustin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DB1D9CD3-FF9B-4001-A204-8660AFBF4E6E.jpg (22.2 KB, 277 views)