View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsZ7 View Post
Its been done many places and the passion is still as strong, guys just prioritize and save a bit instead of just paying $40 and putting in for every tag just because hell its only $40. Why do you think we have an 18% unpurchased rate. That is the biggest joke ive seen!!!
I'm sorry Mathews, but I kinda agree with sled head. At times throughout this thread you speak of throwing money at things like its nothing, and I don't believe it's fair to call someone cheap if they do not agree. I would truly hope there is a better solution to the current problem than simply throw more money at it.

I really agree with other when they speak of defining and enforcing residency.

However I do see a greater problem even within my circle of friends, and friends of friends which I do believe the OP is getting at when he states aunties and uncles putting in for draws.... I directly know guys that have within 3 years have put spouses and children through hunter training and PAL training simply to get them entered into the draw system. They ARE meat eaters not head hunters, however not once have I seen or heard of the spouses or children partaken in a hunt or even fired a weapon, yet they get put in the draw system every year... Now if I see it, most of us on here must also see it, or hear of it. How do we fix this, without throwing money at it? I ask this because I feel I shouldn't be penalized for a crime I do not and will not commit. My wife doesn't care to hunt or fire a firearm and I respect it, I will wait my turn for my own draw as is law. Same goes if my children wish not to hunt when they become of age. Simple.

I like the current system. I have used it for 13 years now. I use 999 and plan my hunts year after year with either a draw in my pocket or simply a general tag. I was born and raised a BC boy which I seen my grandfather go 25 years without ever receiving a LEH. Talk about bad luck, but the problem with a lottery system. I will also mention that Alberta is my home, she has be very good to me and my family, I pay my taxes and buy her products and feel I shouldn't be penalized or priced out of a passion I have for the outdoors.

Question?
Now I am a patch worker, as my name suggests I take in ALL seasons, hunt, fish, camp, quad, sleds you name it but at the end of the day there isnt a whole lotta cash laying around. But what about say a teacher, fixed income, crappy schedule enabling him or her to 1 week of the year to be able to plan for a hunt, under our current system, could happen. However under the changes you propose, would this be possible or are we taking away opportunity from them they deserve, or entitled too??

Allseasons