View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
After reading alot of the different threads over the years, it brings 1 question to the fore front.

If "I" was to choose 1 rifle & cartrage for the majority of "my" hunting needs along with plinking and competion shooting sports ? ,,, what would it be !

This could be challanging since 1 factor is missing from the equation.
Im not sure what 1 missing factor you mean, but i definately agree on the 1 ammunition idea. Loading equipment, dies, powder, primers, bullets, brass, ammunition storage. These take up way more room that even an entire gunsafe. Multiple same cartridge rifles is awesome and peaceful. Backup guns, different length and weights, different optics, different actions. Multiple guns in the same cartridge still give you all the different performance angles you may desire, but having the same ammo for all of them sure is nice and easy. It takes some time finding a load that works well simultaneously in all of them, but once you find it, mmmm awesomeness. Memorize the drop and wind drift and be done with the calculator. And then laugh at yourself for all your hard work load development and distance memorization because every year the hunting distances are always under 200m anyway.

One ammo is nice.