View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 05:40 PM

I added a Clam Nanook to my Arsenal this year as I was impressed with the rear door. I did find that the Seats were not too comfortable, so I took them out. Can't imagine these being too comfy after a few hours. I installed 2 Boat seats and took off the Bolts to the Seat frame fastened on the Sled. Need the extra inches as the new seats are much bigger. Do plan to reposition the seats and drill new holes. Will be using wire over Metal Pins to hold the seats into place.
Installed a couple of U-Bolts on to the front so I can hook a Tow bar on to my Quad to pull it around. In addition to that, also installed an U-Bolt to the back of the Sled. I have Hardware on my other Flip-overs so I can hook them on with a hitch to the Clam. Now I run B-train on the Ice when I have a few people out. Would like to mention that I also installed Runners on to the bottom of the Sled. I've heard of others mounting an old pair of Skis. This will minimize the wear and tear on the Sled. To make these slide over Ice and Snow more, you can apply the same Wax that is sold at Ski Shops. Heres' a couple pics
Comfy boats Seats

Front of Sled with Hitch

Back of Sled with a Hitch

Now all we need is the Ice !! BRING ON THE ICEMAN