View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:57 AM

I don't believe that there is anything left that could be said to sway HD or Steelhead. HD is against lowering catch rates, no matter what you put in front of him, he will never say yes to lowering the limit of harvest. Steelhead has posted before of his dislike of picking these 2 lakes as he likes them the way they are. He does not want them to become like the Bow because that will increase traffic and visitors and will take away what solitude he gets now from the lakes.

I understand their points fully, don't agree with them, but do understand them. With so few managed fisheries in the province, having a group of anglers petition for them is the first step, I've said this all along, and its the only point I have on my top 10 list. Are these the right lakes? Don't know until the studies get done, but they won't get started unless interest is shown. If the studies come back saying these lakes are bad, but this lake is good, then I will back that lake 100%. The stocking program is for everyone in alberta, and some of us would like to turn some of them into more than just a rotating door. Asking for 1% of all those bodies of water to me is not being unreasonable. That would be 29 lakes spread throughout the province out of the 293 that are stocked. To me that is completely doable and would not impact the general public the way some ppl make it out to be.