View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmai View Post
I have always found in interesting-no sarcasm in the slightest-that people are worried about 'ethical' kills on varmint control.
Gophers are most commonly preferred to be hit with vapourizing(fast, ethical death) effect, yet 'yotes get special consideration. If not saving the pelt, I am curious why this animal doesn't just get vapourized as well. It is, in effect, not different than a gopher. It is a creature that has become decidedly inconvenient.
When the decision is made to kill out of 'convenience', I am curious why it matters how it dies. In this case, I am assuming the use of shotgun for land restriction reasons, but maybe I am mistaken. Otherwise, the badder the delivery of the round, the better.
I am miles and miles from animal rights stuff but I am also miles and miles from being a 'let's kill sh!t and cheer over it' kind of guy. I really am just curious.
Most guys are trying to keep pelt damage to a minimum as hides are worth going after these days. The reasons for having a shotgun for yotes is when calling in heavy bush as coyotes come fast and close to the point where a rifle is no longer very usefull. Even if coyotes were not worth anything i would still use my 22-250 as it kills amazingly well. After the bullet explodes inside a yote the whole inner chest cavity is pretty much jello.

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs