Thread: Gold panning
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 03:49 PM

so , according to the guy at Bedrock Supply, these rectangular pans are the easiest and most effective to use. Apparently you can shake the pan with one hand leaving your other hand free to hold a beer. Yes Apparently you may drink beer down by the river. Isn't that wonderful. Looks like I picked a good hobby this time. My last hobby in SK was fixing and riding old ski-doos, beer doesn't go too well with that. But I digress, I can also tell you that once I get into doing this I will be known as , 'a river person'.

We also got 'the only book we will ever need.

And picked up a permit form and some more printed information. I have lots to read while waiting for the river to go down. Don't need to worry about the permit until I actually get a sluice box with a pump. When I do it is 50 clams for 5 years, or so they say.

Starter kit, think maybe I overpaid for this but got lots of advice from the guy so whatever.
Everything I got today was around $100.00. Bedrock guy said I'll make that back but I just want to try something new and have fun.

The pellets are for pest control, unrelated to the gold panning endeavour.
I have shovels , boots, a truck, think there is some beer kicking around somewhere and maybe I'll see some of you on WWN (Wednesday Wing Night)